We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Floriade 2009

It is spring and therefore its Floriade time again! This year it is my plan to visit at least twice before the fest ends. Unfortunately the weather this spring has been incredulously ridiculous (pardon my English) but really its been nothing but cold and wet for the last 2 weeks, everything that Spring should not be like. As such I have not gone back for my second helping of greens. However my first visit to Floriade did garner some good pictures so without saying more, scroll down and do enjoy the flower power!


I took this shot off one of the signboards as we entered the grounds.

Even though the day was slightly cloudy it did not stop the crowds from coming


I love this photo. Yellow under the sun automatically brightens a persons day


This year showcase gardens were a big part of the fest. This unfortunate piano left to be exposed to the elements caught my attention. My curious fingers tested the keys and I discovered that while the frame was real, the keys were not. Whooh... relief!


This was the Zen garden showcase, with an outdoor day bed. I like the sleek simplistic design..


Whats a visit to the gardens without a pose next to some flowers?

There were also many themed garden beds this year. I wasn't high enough (away from the ground) to capture the overall images of each garden bed so what I did with my trusty camera was to focus on colors and individual flowers.








I love these flowers. Daisies?

My bee fascination is back! I caught one on lens! Yay!

I thought these lanterns made the trees look magical. Brings me back to my Enid Blyton days as a kid.

I took a picture of this cute couple sitting on the bench, enjoying a moment to themselves under the warm sunlight.

Now for flowers up close.







Daffodil


This is a different variety of the tulip.









For the hungry there was food on sale to satisfy every taste bud.

I hope to be able to return to Floriade one more time before the fest ends so I can take a ride atop the Ferris wheel. I hope to capture pictures and better appreciate the themed gardens from up high.


We were dressed in so little in this picture - layer wise I mean. As I'm typing this I have two thick layers on me, long thick pants, socks on both feet plus the heater going full blast behind me.

So here is crossing my fingers that this weekend will be warm and sunny once again. I want one more visit to Floriade before it ends on Oct 11th!


cheryl

No comments: