We Are a Family of 4 now!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sugar Creations

While we were at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, I had taken some pictures at the Arts and Crafts show hall which I had not uploaded in the previous post. I figured that the work was so beautiful that it deserved a blog post all on its own.

The Arts and Crafts hall captivated me with all the creativity and hardwork that went into each piece. Awards are given every year to winners of each category. There were paintings, sculptures, glassworks, knitting, best cakes plus best sugar decorations. It was the sugar creations that I took pictures of. I hope the pictures capture the quality of these works giving each of them the praise it so deserves. I always appreciate originality, creativity in the arts but most of all, the blood and sweat that goes into the completion of each piece.

Being recently married, this one caught my eye very quickly

Oh how many brides would love to have such beautiful detail on their wedding cake!

Creative use of toothpicks - At least I think they were toothpicks... Ok, maybe not since it was a sugar deco competition

This crown looks really believeable doesn't it?

This creation was fantastically smart. I initially thought it was really a CRUNCH bar until I took a closer look at the wrapper and the chocolate. In the wrapper is a chocolate Visa card for the 'Credit Crunch - free credit in milk chocolate'

This creation blew my mind... So tiny and a perfect copy of the world's favourite animation in 2008.

Hurrah to creativity! I love the arts! I would so return to the Sydney Royal Easter Show just for this next year.

cheryl

No comments: