We Are a Family of 4 now!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grocery Shopping Craze

Its our family ritual to head to the shops for our weekly grocery shopping after church services on Sunday. I headed to the shops this morning with my in laws thinking I wouldn't be spending a cent because we had a fully stocked pantry and fridge. My assumption was so wrong!

All the items you see in the picture each cost no more than AUD 1 except for the tray of 8 burger patties which cost AUD 2. Can you believe it? Less than a dollar! It was better than a treasure find! How could I resist loading them onto the trolley? We went berserk :)
Some of our buys:-

Caesar Salad - 50cents
Italian Salad - 50cents
Iced Coffee - 50cents
Chocolate Milk - 50 cents
Enoki Mushrooms - 1 dollar
Shemeji Mushrooms - 1 dollar

It was a wonderful find. We were at the right place at the right time. The shop had just marked down the items for quick clearance. The salads will be perfect for lunch tomorrow and the day after while the mushrooms are good for stir frys over the next two dinners. Yummy......

I do however feel sorry for the check out chick who had to scan all our items. Although some were similar items, she had to scan each one individually because of the special prices. I did offer my apologies although mostly I just felt rather jubilant about our purchases for the day. Economic downturn = more prices slashed = happy me.

I sound terribly housewife like don't I? ...

Oh yeah, all that good stuff was shared between us and the in laws :)


cheryl

No comments: