We Are a Family of 4 now!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vaccinations

Working at a hospital comes with one big plus.... free vaccinations! Its part of occupational health services provided by the hospital. Because we are exposed to bloods, bodily fluids and body parts each day, its better to be careful and safe rather than sorry.

A week ago I got some blood of mine tested for a myriad of tests some being the Hep A, Hep B, Hep C, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken pox(Varicella) and others. I collected my results this week and found that I needed a booster shot for measles plus I was advised get a shot for chicken pox because did not have immunity for it.

Statistically, 75% of children contract chicken pox before 12 years of age. I obviously fall into the 25% part of that pie. My sister has had the chicken pox. But even though we lived under the same roof throughout the whole time she had it, I did not show any signs of exposure to the virus in my blood. As for the measles, I guess the concentration of the shot I had when I was a baby had waned so much that I needed a booster shot for it.

So I got both shots today with two puncture holes covered up with a sticker to show for it. One on each arm!



Right arm..

Left arm...

I kinda feel like a little kid running about showing off evidence of her first injection. In my opinion, one can never be too old to act like a kid. Tee hee...!


cheryl



1 comment:

Tine said...

Hee hee, showing off Bee See Gee :P