We Are a Family of 4 now!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Hot Air Balloon Ride Anybody?

Today was no different to any other day. As usual I was up by 7am and after getting dressed I headed down to the kitchen to put the electric kettle on the boil. While waiting for my staple morning coffee to perk up my day, I looked out of our kitchen balcony and lo......


The balloon was heading towards our house and I was so excited, I started yelling on top of my lungs for Alex to bring the camera. It takes so little to get me excited no? :) Anyways, at one point the balloon was so close, right above our balcony that I could see the people and hear the loud whoosh of gas heating up the air in the balloon when the guy manning it yanked on the lever.


As you can see, the name of the company is called Dawn Drifters and I have done some research to find out details about it. Flights start as early as 5.45am. Each trip is about an hour long and to sweeten the ride, a flute of champagne is served during the flight and each passenger is also greeted with breakfast at the end of the ride. A week day flight will set you back AUD 272 per pax and a weekend flight is AUD 322 per pax. Kids are charged different rates and large groups are also eligible for discounts.

I enjoyed my morning surprise. I was really tempted to wave and say good morning to the folks in the big basket but was coaxed out of it when I heard my kettle go off. A cup of coffee trumps waving to a big balloon.




cheryl

1 comment:

Tine said...

Haha, reminds me of a Sunday when 4 hot air balloons were flying over our roof. What a magnificent sight indeed :)