We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, December 1, 2008

First Day of Summer

Spring is officially over! Today, the 1st of December marks the first day of summer. 3 glorious months of warm weather. 90 days of no sweaters, jumpers, coats, scarves, gloves and ugg boots! Hoorah for the heat!

Goodbye spring! While you have kept me warmer than your predecessor, I am now ready to move up the mercury gage. Thank you for the flowers, the spring breeze and the occasional rain.

To show my appreciation for the beauty of spring, here is a shot of my two mini lavender pots. The purple (or I should say lilac) color of lavender is so pretty and the fragrance so lovely that I decided to trim some wild lavender bushes and use them as decoration in our house.


What will summer have in store for me? I look forward to the coming days in great anticipation....


cheryl

2 comments:

Tine said...

Wow that's gorgeous. I'm going to hunt for some "wild" (ie free :p) bushes of lavender this weekend! :)

AlexandCheryl said...

Hehe... wild is the best! Though I must say the recent heavy rainfall may have wiped them out. I assume Melbourne has been very wet the past two weeks as well?