We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Another Day, Another Year


The time of year has come again when I light the (many and increasing) candles, close my eyes, make a wish, blow a (long and getting longer) breath of air and voila - I am a year older.

This year I requested a cake from Flute Bakery, a shop well known in Canberra for its beautiful cakes. I told the hubs this year to go early, to have cash in his pockets(for they do not accept anything BUT cash) and to choose an interesting cake. So he chose this.


All I can say is that it is stupifyingly (for lack of a better word at this moment) YUMMY. Its name? TRIO. Is that cool or what? Its not called - Many layers of chocolate-y goodness sitting atop a layer of chocolate-y cake but a single word to represent a triple entity - TRIO. See this is why I do not have a job naming cakes. If it was left up to me I would just describe it as I have above and I'm pretty sure that very long name won't fit into any of the labels sitting in the glass display cabinet.


We cut into it and for someone who is a little OCD about balance and straightness of lines, this cake is perfection. Equal layers of chocolate-y goodness ( I am at it again aren't I? Maybe the chocolate-y goodness got to my head) increasing in chocolate-y intensity from the top to the bottom. I love gradient of color.

I have decided that we need another excuse to get another cake from Flute Bakery. I have heard that the Jaffa cake is awesome as well. Their cakes are so good, they don't even have a webpage. In this day and age, what business does not have a webpage to promote their goods? Their cakes are so good, they dont allow photography of anything in the shop. You are free to photograph your purchases at home. I guess it protects their creations from being copied and made available to the masses.

So is '3 months post pregnancy' a valid reason for another cake from Flute?  :)  Hmmm...... 

No comments: