We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We've Got Daycare!

We received the best news today. Abigail has gotten a spot in day care! This is huge for us because (as any Aussie can tell you) it is SO difficult to get a spot in a day care centre. It is a known fact that you have to register your baby ASAP for day care if you would like to return to full time/part time work and have no one to care for baby. In fact, places are so limited that parents are advised to register their to-be baby for day care when planning to fall pregnant!

Alex and I registered for day care in January 2010. Since then we have been crossing our fingers and hoping that Abigail would get a spot. Early October was when the first offer letters were sent out and needless to say, we didn't get one. So we rung and were told that Abigail was 16 on the waiting list. 16! We didn't hold up much hope for getting a spot but were secretly thinking it would be nice if she did get offered a place. Alex rung on Monday to find out how things were going and was told we could come in and collect the necessary papers for registration! Woohoo! It happens that a couple who was offered a spot had not yet replied their consent and since silence equals a rejection, we were offered the spot. I AM SO HAPPY.

This day care will be close to where I work so I can drop in during my hour long lunch break to say hi. I really need that as an option. I have secretly been worried about missing Abigail when I return to work. I cannot believe I am already suffering from separation anxiety and we are not separated yet! Motherhood is really surprising me at every turn.

Oh and the next best thing is her meals will be taken care of by the kitchen at the day care centre so I don't have to worry about puree-ing food for her everyday.

I am so happy about the way things have turned out. Everything was up in limbo and dependent on if Abigail got day care. Now that she has, I can confirm my return to work (not that I really want to) and work on getting Abigail acquainted with the people and the place before she officially begins in January.

Praise the Lord!
cheryl

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Yay!!!! So hard to get daycare. Sounds harder than joining a club. Gosh