We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Me, sweet tooth? No way!

I have never been a fan of sweet things. I never understood why chocolates are always associated with women. What's there to like about a bar of chocolate or a box of gourmet chocolates? I like savouries. Give me a pack of french fries any day over a bar of chocolate. However since falling pregnant, all that has changed for me. I haven't lost my taste for savouries but right up there now is also a penchant for sweet things. Oh yes, I now have double the propensity for overeating and gaining weight. Halp!

I initially thought the sweet tooth was only a phase during the pregnancy. Then when it continued after giving birth I thought it would eventually go away. 4 months on, I now know its here to stay. I love chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, biscuits, cookies, whipped cream, jam and yes, even the chocolate bar!

If you think I'm just overstating my cravings, allow me to list the amount of sweets I have had since coming home from the hospital. It is easy to list them because I don't do sweets in small amounts. AND I eat them all by myself.

6 chocolate mud cakes (whole cake-not a slice)
5 bread puddings with many scoops of ice cream (A whole casserole each time=8 servings)
6 fresh cream and jam donuts
1 fresh cream and jam cake (whole cake-I did this one in 1 sitting)
2 litres of Cadbury chocolate chip ice cream
1 litre of Bulla chocolate ice cream
1 litre of Sara Lee triple chocolate ice cream
1 litre of Sara Lee cappucino ice cream
5 McDonald chocolate sundaes
12 scones with heaps of fresh cream and a dollop of jam
3 packs of shortbread biscuits
2 packs of Oreo cookies
2 bags of M&Ms
1/2 pack of Arnotts assorted family biscuits
1 whole bar of Cadbury diary milk

Scary? That was all done in a period of 4 months. Yet with all that consumption, I have not put on an ounce. I have not lost an ounce either though :p Breastfeeding has somehow made all those calories disappear.

So I have made a resolution. I will stop all this sweet eating. I will go cold turkey. I will do this for baby's sake. I'm sure that by going cold turkey my tastebuds will revert to its old self and avoid sweets right? Right?

That was 3 days ago (My cold turkey efforts has not been easy-its been slow going and I have since given in to 2 McDonald's chocolate sundaes and some additional cups of sweet Milo)

Help! :)

cheryl

No comments: