We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Development: 17weeks


I love this shot of my baby. Its not easy to capture a nice picture of a baby in natural lighting (i.e no flash) whose movements are constantly jerky and to whom you can't just say "Ok.. hold still and smile!"

Firstly I have to hold the camera steady in one hand. I have shaky hand syndrome (probably from too much chicken feet - the chinese believe that if you have to much of chicken feet, you get shaky hands) Taking pictures with no flash requires a very steady hand. So while I'm doing that with my right hand, my left hand is gesturing and poised ready to catch baby if she falls forward or slides to the side. At the same time, I'm saying " Peekaboo!" in efforts to elicit a smile from baby. Every split second I take my eyes off the screen of the camera and tilt my face to make sure baby can see me and I'm not blocked from her line of sight by the camera.

See? Lots of multitasking! And I have to make sure the picture is in frame! Balanced on all sides! Of course all this would be made easy if someone else could take the picture but I'm home alone with little bub most of the day so its up to me to get pics!

Alex doesn't like this shot because as he puts it " You cut off one hand and one leg..."

Ha.. and I thought I was the one in this family who was obssessed with details! I will get him to take a picture next time and see if his composition is any better than mine. Phhhphtt!

cheryl

No comments: