We Are a Family of 4 now!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Development: 12 weeks



Today started out like every other day. I woke up, gave Abigail her regular feed and placed her on her play gym. Abigail loves her play gym. It is the only place she spends 30 minutes on her own during the day (apart from her cot when she is sleeping of course). Her play gym has a light frame hanging over it and on that frame hangs two balls and two suns, a pair on each side. She enjoys lying there staring at the dangly things. So that was where she was when she surprised me with her latest development.

She has learnt to bat the dangling sun and ball with her hand! I was preparing dinner when I turned and saw her hand move uncertainly towards the sun. Initially I thought it was an uncoordinated move. But upon further observation, I realised she was doing it intentionally! I was so excited!

I spent the next 5 minutes just watching her bat the sun again and again. Its amazing how watching something so simple can bring so much joy and satisfaction. I can't wait to see her do other 'amazing' stuff.

Oh I'm a proud momma :)


cheryl

No comments: