We Are a Family of 4 now!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grandma Left for Home Today

My mother (aka Abigail's grandmother) leaves for Penang today. The past 6 weeks have been wonderful with my mom around. I now know that its true when people say 'Daughter's learn to appreciate their mothers most when they have their own daughters.' I am so grateful that my mother came to help me out right after Abigail arrived. Having her around has been very uplifting to my spirits and I am ever so thankful for the lovely meals she cooked, making sure I eat and helping me keep the house clean. ( I actually feel very guilty about the amount of work she has done around the house. Mom if you are reading this, really from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU )

The fact that my mom has been here for 6 weeks-not less, has given me time to recuperate and somewhat get my body back to its previous strength to manage Abigail on my own. I never had the opportunity to observe other mothers (sisters, cousins or friends) looking after their babies. Maybe it wasn't so much as not having the opportunity but rather not having the interest to observe them. Having the chance to observe is essential so you know what to do when you have your own baby. These few weeks with my mom has given me the most valuable insight and knowledge on how to care for baby. So ladies, if you can, definitely get mom to help you out post delivery. You will not regret it.

I must also thank my dad for allowing my mom to be away from him for that amount of time. I believe since they were married they have not been apart for more than 3 days at any time. It must have taken a bit of adjustment getting used to being alone at home before mom got back. So thanks dad! And again mom, thanks for the BIG help :) Abigail thanks you both for it too! She is looking forward to seeing you both again and hopefully that will be soon!

cheryl



No comments: