We Are a Family of 4 now!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Post Pregnancy Day 8

I was chatting with a friend the other day when she asked, " So have you weighed yourself yet?"

My answer was no, not yet. The first few days after the birth was a whirlwind/blur of activity and responsibility. I was just too knackered to do anything much less remember to weigh myself. If you have been reading my last few entries, I have been keeping track of my weight gain throughout the pregnancy, mostly for curiosity sake and partly to keep myself in check to not eat too much. The not eat too much bit was quite unnecessary since I really didn't eat very much while pregnant.

Anyhow, it was my intention to check how much I would lose just from the weight of the baby + amniotic fluid +placenta + blood loss. I suspected I was carrying a lot of weight in the form of amniotic fluids. However like said I never got around to weighing myself immediately after. Now that my friend reminded me of it, I decided I had better weigh now at Day 8 than to wait till much later.

So... as per my previous post, 13kgs was my total gain and I was hoping to lose at least half of it. In my mind however, I suspected I had lost more firstly because of the tiring labour, secondly my first week back home was a difficult one (I'll write more about this in another entry) and thirdly I had seen some changes in my body which indicated I had lost quite a significant amount.

I stepped up on the machine and ..(even this was a surprise to me) I had lost 11kgs.

8 days on and I am now down to 2 more kgs of pre-pregnancy weight. On one hand I was happy but on the other I knew I had to take better care of myself.

So the next weigh in will be on Day 16. I might as well try to keep a trend huh? I doubt there will be more loss anytime soon though.



cheryl

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Congratulations! :D :D 11 kgs is alot!!!