We Are a Family of 4 now!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Penang Food Adventures - Golden Triangle Restaurant

One of my favourite restaurants to eat at in Penang is The Golden Triangle. This place serves up IndoChine food and as described on their webpage, a mix of Thai, Vietnamese and Laotian cuisine. I love this place because each visit promises an explosion of flavour on my palate. The Golden Triangle has 2 outlets, one in Queensbay Mall and another in Auto City.

Moving on quickly to pictures and food... :)

The set up of the restaurant at Queensbay.

Belacan Fried Rice - This dish, paired with the sambal makes a beautiful duet

Garlic Kangkung aka Chinese Water Spinach

Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab

Lemon Steamed Fish - This is my ultimate favourite. The broth that accompanies the fish is a wonderful mix of sour and fragrance with a hit of heat from the thinly cut chillies. Also the fresh coriander adds a further dimension to this dish. If you love sour stuff, this dish is a winner. A very good start to a big meal. Very appetizing.

We actually ordered a lot of dishes that night even though there were only 3 of us - Mace, Pin and I. We ordered 9 dishes and 8 drinks between us three. 8 dishes are usually served at a Chinese course dinner to feed 10 people. Us 3 ate enough for 10 that night. :) Unbelievable? I'm so proud of us. Haha.... Eating with friends who also appreciate food is the best! Below is a list of the 8 dishes we ordered that night.

1. Belacan Fried Rice
2. Garlic Kangkung X 2
3. Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab
4. Claypot Glass Noodles with Prawns and Squid
5. Curry Powder Prawn
6. Otak-Otak
7. Thap Thim Krop - a dessert
8. Pumpkin & Yam Cake

I took only 5 pictures of the dishes before I was completely lost in my enjoyment of the food and forgot all about my camera.

One of the desserts we ordered - Pumpkin & Yam Cake. This was sticky and not as pumpkin-ny as I envisioned it to be. It wasnt too sweet and quite palatable. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I not been so full.

I'm very much looking forward to January when I can relive these memories again. So friends back home, go on a diet now and prepare for when Cheryl comes back again! :p

cheryl

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Why you go on all your food-scapades after i go back to KL?!!!!

I wanttttttt......