We Are a Family of 4 now!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

International Talk Like A Pirate Day - Sept 19

" Arrr!"
" Land ahoy!"
" Ahoy me matey!"
" Shiver me timbers!"

Last Saturday was the International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Did you know of such a day? It was the first I had heard of such a celebration and apparently it was only created in 1995 by two men, John Baur and Mark Summes. (Wikipedia)

The crowd outside the bar. The rest of the crew were probably inside.



I was quite captivated by the costumes worn by the revellers so I whipped out my handy camera and sneaked a couple of quick shots from across the street. The photos are not as crisp and sharp as I wanted it to be - had to take the shots real quick to avoid having to walk the plank if I were caught by some grouchy pirate who didn't appreciate being caught on lens.

These 2 pirates stood out - blue in a sea of black and red.


I probably wasn't as discreet as I hoped to be. Check out the glare this dude here gave me....

Pretty lady pirate here

Till my next post, " May the winds be at yer back! Arrrrrr!!" :)


cheryl

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho!

Hey you know that there is Facebook in pirate language? :)