We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Turning 28 on the 28th - Happy Birthday to me!


It's my birthday! How quickly a year passes by. Its not often one can say their age equals the date of the birthday. Some had their day when they turned 1 year old and it is today that I can proudly mention I am 28 on the 28th!

The husband has been very nice all day, doing pretty much all that the wife has asked for. According to him, my birthday surprise this year is a 3 pronged attack.

First, I got flowers at work. It was an arrangement themed ' Bright n Cheerful' hence the red, pink, yellow, white, purple and green. The lillies in the arrangement have yet to open. Usually takes about a week for the pretty white things to bloom. A little brown doggie was tied to the base of the flower arrangement. I like the doggie. :)

The second gift was Belgian Chocolates which was opened and distributed at work. There wasn't much in the box to go around so a lucky few got to have some to add some sweetness to their day. It sure added a lot of 'sweetness' to mine :)


The third gift is sort of funny. Alex had bought 2 watches from FOSSIL. Turns out I like the UN-birthday watch more than I did the birthday watch. So yes the 3rd part of me birthday gift is a watch. I love it. To be honest, if I saw it at the shop, it wouldn't have been one of the models I would try on. However once it was on my hand, it looks like it belongs there. I love love it.

Part one and part two of the gifts were delivered to me at work thus scoring brownie points for the husband. Unfortunately on top of the 'good on you' pats on his back that he got he also got given stern words by the ladies at work for being silly in giving me flowers a day before we fly as I won't be able to enjoy them for more than 1 day. I thought it was quite funny how the ladies rallied with me.

All in all it has been a lovely day. Marred only by an incident which happened to my parents home in Penang. It got broken into. If you have been following this blog you would have read that my neighbours place got burgled in May, then it was my in laws place and now, its my parents place. Much prayers are needed for the safety of our homes.

Apart from that, we are flying tomorrow! One last night here and off we go! WHOOPEE!


cheryl

1 comment:

Mace said...

funny you called out how the lilies will take time to open...so you'd have totally missed the 'prime' of the bouquet since you're back here! Silly Alex..hehehe. But points for the thought... :D