We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cooking Up A Storm

In light of our upcoming trip, I have been busying myself in the kitchen cooking and packing up lunch/dinner boxes to keep in the freezer. Both Alex and I are returning to Penang for a holiday but Alex returns 3 weeks earlier before I do. Being the good and dutiful wife :) I have been preparing these boxes so the husband eats well while the wife is not around.

Ok to make me sound less a saint, I'm sure Alex is more than able to care for himself while I am away but I would feel more at peace with myself knowing that there are healthy, home cooked options available for him should he want it. View it whichever way you want - me being a control freak or me the loving wife *wink*

I started the first batch of cooking last weekend and completed the second batch today. In total there are 19 boxes of food which I think will be more than sufficient for the 18 days that I am away for. In total 2kgs of beef mince, 1kg of beef chuck steak, 8 chicken breasts, 5 large potatoes, 2 packets of spaghetti and 8 cups of rice was used for this cookout.

The man of the house will have the below for choice:-

1. Green curry chicken
2. Italian casserole chicken
3. Beef stew with red wine
4. Soy chicken with chinese rice wine and mushrooms
5. Curry tofu and stir fried vegetable
6. Spaghetti bolognaise
7. Shepherds pie

The box next to this task is checked and I can now move on to complete the other things I have to do before leaving Australia. Packing gifts, packing clothes, returning library books, final load of washing, cleaning the house, kitchen..... etc.

Its the FINAL COUNTDOWN! (Cue music... that tune is ringing in my head)

cheryl



1 comment:

gabe&O said...

Omg Cheryu...now i feel like a lousy wife haha