We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, June 22, 2009

UNINSPIRED. BRAIN FREEZE

These three words sum up how I have felt for the past month. To those who have been periodially checking in on this blog, I do apologize for the lack of posts. Not only have I been suffering from a bout of brain freeze (both literally and creatively) but I have also had the finger freeze and the toe freeze. Its been nothing but weeks of cold and wet weather. And I DO NOT FUNCTION well in such 'extreme' conditions.

I woke at 7am this morning and this was the view from my kitchen balcony. I would have taken more shots from the living room balcony and the master room balcony but really it wasn't necessary. You get my meaning. Its the same view from all angles. GLOOMY GRAY. (For some reason the camera captured the color blue. But it was gray. Trust me.)



These are the shots at 9am this morning. Yes. MORE GLOOMY GRAY.



Whoop de doo. Excitement is me. This year is colder than usual because there is a cold front blowing in from the South Pole. Sounds like long term brain freeze to me. How can anyone be inspired to do anything by gray? I am so a summer girl. Give me yellow sunlight, nice bright blue skies, refreshing green grass and beautiful rainbows. I need color and warmth to function!

When I was a kid (and I think many kids in tropical countries do this) I used to tell my parents I wished we stayed in a country where there was winter and snow. I wished we had a swimming pool in our back yard and a multi storey house where I could explore and play games to my hearts content. I now wish I hadn't wished so much. What you wish is really sometimes what you get.

1. Winter?
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire = overrated. Cold extremities are not fun at all. Wearing gloves, beanies, socks and ugg boots only serve to make you clumsy while looking like Dopey (Snow White).

2. Swimming Pool?
Unrealistic. Great for kids who don't know the cost of maintaining one and the horrible task of cleaning one. It's worse with 4 seasons. Leaves in Autumn, fuzzy reproductive things in Spring and ice in Winter.

3. Multi Storey House?
Bah to staircases. Have you tried lugging a vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs plus plugging and unplugging just to cover all areas of the house? Cleaning is a pain. Or yelling just get everyone together for dinner? We have a 3 handset phone plus one corded phone and still its a 100m sprint to get to one of them before the call rings out.

Winter. Whingey. Whiney. Winter.

I'll try and come up with something more cheerful later this week.


cheryl

1 comment:

The Girl said...

You haven't actually tried roasting chestnuts by an open fire. Don't rain on my childhood imagery! But I have to agree... the extreme weather is too extreme on my extremities too... :(