We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

My First Rugby Game

Go Brumbies!!


We watched the Brumbies vs Bulls last night at the Bruce, Canberra Stadium. It was my first rugby game and I had Alex explaining the rules as the game progressed. I'm used to watching football the English way but I must say rugby is pretty captivating - the game was made better by the fact that it was a close score. The Brumbies are from Canberra while the Bulls are from South Africa. The game was 80 minutes long with a 10 minute half time in between. It was a tie between the two teams until 40 seconds before halftime when the Brumbies scored a try. 40 seconds to half time! Talk about being tense! In the end the Brumbies won 32-31.

All scarfed up for the cold night at the Stadium

1 minute before the game was to begin

The Bulls on the field

The Brumbies on the field

I quite enjoyed myself and I think its possible to see myself attending more games ..really getting into it, shout, punch the air, jump up and down in aggravation, wave some flags, holler out player names and of course have some drinks plus hot chips. Heh....

RAWRRRR! :)


cheryl

No comments: