We Are a Family of 4 now!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Malaysian Dish - Fried Belacan Chicken

Alex and I eat at home most of the time. We eat out at an average of once a week. It does get incredibly tiring having to cook so often but it saves us heaps of $$$. There is no such thing as a hawker centre in Australia and a plate of char koay teow in a restaurant could set us back AUD 13. That plus drinks multiplied by portions for two makes for a pretty good dent in the pockets especially if I start converting that expense to the Malaysian ringgit. Hey I can't help it .... :) I'm Penangite to the core!

Anyways, I cook every day and it usually consists of 3 dishes; meat, veg, soup plus rice. I also cook bigger portions for dinner because I would then pack the extra for our lunch boxes the next day.

I attempted to make a true blue Malaysian dish some weeks ago. It was my first attempt and I made it without any recipe. It turned out perfectly and smelled just as it should. Have a look at my FRIED BELACAN CHICKEN!





Looks quite right doesn't it? As you can see, I made it with chicken wings. I'm quite pleased that it turned out beautifully. I did have to air out the house after. The fragrance of belacan! Phhoooh!

I have since made another batch of it for dinner. It's nothing flashy, just a little something to remind me of the little island I called home......




cheryl

No comments: