We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Week On...

As mentioned in my previous entry, I have some stories to tell. Its been a week since I posted an entry and here's hoping you will find this particular event a valid post :)

At the place where I work, we have a staff common room which seats about 20 people comfortably (that meaning not having to eat with the person next to you elbow to elbow) The staff room has 2 microwaves, 2 fridges, sandwich hot plate, hot water, free supply of coffee, tea, sugar, milk, cups, stirrer, forks, spoons, knives - everything one would need for a tea break or lunch break with the exception of food of course. Everyone brings their own and warms it up to their own liking. It's a nice room with a few novels, plenty of magazines, daily newspaper and some sofas for comfortable slouching.

So during my first week, I was having lunch alone when I saw a fellow worker walk in for lunch. He headed to the fridge, bent a little over and proceeded to look for his lunch. As he rummaged through the shelves, there was a thud and he swore in response. Something had dropped to the ground. As he moved away (he probably thought no one was watching) I saw that he had dropped a tub of margarine on the ground. The tub had overturned with the opening of the tub face downwards on the floor. The lid had fallen off.

The man then lifted the tub off the floor, lo and behold, a square of margarine had fallen on the ground. He coolly picked it up, put it back into the tub and chucked the tub back into the fridge.

I know right? I can hear resounding "Eeews..." :)

* Disgusting

The poor person who left their margarine in there for their breakfast bun or lunch sandwich is going the find their margarine rather 'grainy' on their bread.

I only hope the floor had just been cleaned that morning......

cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeew!!
You should have asked him to throw it into the bin & leave a note.