We Are a Family of 4 now!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Interesting Characters

If there is any place one would want to look for unique characters, a hospital would the right place. It is no surprise since a hospital opens its doors to everyone, injured or sick or just slightly off the rocker. Chances of bumping into interesting people are higher in a hospital than say the shopping centre or the library.

I will mention four interesting people I have bumped into at the hospital.

1. The pirate - I call this guy the pirate because everyday he wears a thick gold hoop for an earring on one ear. It is gold and it is a rather big hoop. Plus the fact that he has a short goatee, slight moustache and no hair on his head going gives me more of the 'pirate' image.

2. The belter - There is this lady who wears a grey cardigan or jumper with pants or a skirt on a daily basis with a thin red belt cinching her waist. No matter which top or bottom she changes into, the red belt is a permanent fixture in her outfit.

3. Young enough to take the stairs - I was walking on the third floor one day when I was stopped by a lady who I estimated to be 70++ years young. She wanted to know where the stairs were. I then asked her where it was she wanted to go. She then said she wanted the 9th floor. I then said the stairs were just opposite the lift and I can show her the lift so she could take it up. Her response?

" Oh its ok I wanted to walk up " she said.
I then said " Are you sure? It is 6 floors away.." (secretly thinking maybe she thought 9 minus 3 equals 2 or something)
She responded, " Yes, yes I came too early to visit my friend so I want to walk up and get there at 11am."

It was then 10.45am. I guess it could take her 15 minutes to climb 18 flights of stairs.

4. Man on wheelchair - I was walking down this really long corridor at the hospital when I spotted man on a wheelchair at the opposite end of the corridor. The reason he caught my eye was not only because he was wheeling himself but he was wheeling himself backwards! At first I thought maybe he had gone by too fast, missed a door and was going backwards to turn into it. But nope... he was slowly wheeling himself backwards from one end of the corridor to the other end. This corridor is close to 200m long.......................................

Interesting people = interesting days


cheryl

No comments: