We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Its my B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y!

I interrupt the slew of wedding day, wedding dinner and wedding photo posts with a post on my birthday! I turn a day older today!

Today is my first birthday in a series of many birthdays as a married lady :) Some ask, is it any different? Well... I miss the parties/dinners that friends back home would throw for me :p Thank you thank you dear friends!

However I must say that its great that I have Alex celebrating with me. And since we just got married, he made extra effort for a birthday surprise. For those who don't know, in the past Alex couldn't keep a surprise to himself for anything in the world. But this time, he really surprised me.

Firstly on the 26th he said he had made reservations at a nice place for dinner. It was a place that leaves a rather significant dent on the wallet. So I thought that would be it.

Then on the 27th at 1145pm, I got a nice little surprise in part 2.


A professional massage at a business location of my choice! I am dreaming of spas, hotels, ladies gyms, anywhere one would find a relaxing, rejuvenating massage. And I thought that would be the end of my birthday gift.

Then on the morning of the 28th, the sneaky fella went out to the shops and bought me roses before I woke up! 18 roses! White ones too! My favourite..! Some of the roses had a light pink tinge. Instead of breakfast in bed, I got flowers in bed.

I took it out of the wrapping and placed it in a makeshift Nescafe jar (don't have a vase yet...had to make do...hehe) snipped off some leaves and parts of the long stems then placed it on my kitchen counter. So pretty..!

And there is also a movie planned for later so it was a 4 part surprise. The fact is, the bigger surprise to me is that he managed to do all this without me having a single clue. THAT.. truly is a feat.

Happy, happy....


cheryl

5 comments:

Tine said...

Aww that's lovely. Happy birthday! :)

PS: The roses look great on the Nescafe jar. Maybe tie a ribbon around the neck, and it'll look fantastic. Don't even need to spend extra money on a new vase ;)

Lingzie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cheryl!!! :) Ok, I know its belated...hehe but hope you had a great one anyway :)Come home and we'll throw u dinner ;)

Anonymous said...

hei my dear girl...so sorry for the late wishes..wish u a happie happie bird-day yeah...aiihh...we might b in kara-ok if u r here...hahaha..hope all your wishes will come true yeah...well, glad that u r happy on your birthday and thanks to Alex for taking good care of my friend..haha..wish you happie 4 eva!!

AlexandCheryl said...

Aww.. thank you girls for all the birthday wishes! Warms me right up in this cold weather! :)