We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sneak Peek

I have been 'chased' by some folks to post our bridal studio photos on the blog. I had promised to do so when the time is right and I guess the time is right now. :) I know that at this point, everyone who is reading is just going to breeze right through all these words and scroll right down to where the pictures begin.


However, I will still waffle on and take up a bit more space with alphabets. Heheh. To clarify, these are posed portraits done by a studio in Penang. Back in Malaysia, it is our culture to get our pictures taken, immortalizing our youth, radiance and some might say innocent joy before beginning to live life with someone else. These pictures are taken with multiple outfits, different backgrounds and multiple locations so as to create variety for the photobook and a unique memory for each couple.


We took most of our shots on location in the studio itself and as for our outdoor shots, we went to the beach, a small fishing pier, a forest reserve and a dam. I wanted memories of Penang's beaches, the greenery of the tropics and some rustic, heritage kind of background. We didn't have time to head to the colonial, old heritage buildings in Penang hence the fishing pier made do for it.


I would have liked for less posey shots as is the current trend for wedding pictures (seen in Whizarts) but since I'm hiring a photographer for the wedding day here in Aus and another for the dinner in Penang, we figured we should just go for the bridal studio shots as our pre-wedding shoot in Penang.

Here are some of the pictures. The rest will be shown at the church and at the dinner in Penang :)





One of my favourite shots because Alex has the 'innocent boy' look going here

I like the way we look comfortable and relaxed in this shot


Those were the indoor studio shots. Now for the outdoor ones.


This has grown to become my favourite shot

This was as rustic as it got

I look kinda dwarfed by the trees but when blown up, this picture is gorgeous. I like the symmetry of lines created by the trees in the background.

I'm glad we managed to capture the Penang sunset. It's great that the photographer managed to take this in the glare of the setting sun though I'll like to see if there are other similar shots like this taken with better light on the subjects.

Again I love the beauty of the sky in the background. Couldn't have asked for a better artist :)

There are more pictures but I guess its for a later post after the wedding (maybe not) or you can meet up with us over coffee and we'll be ever so glad to share the pics. I only intended to post 5 as a teaser really but I got carried away and did 9!

Walking away from this photo shoot, I realized that it may not have been perfect (I have my complaints about certain things) but it is an experience Alex and I share during the course of our relationship. Its another chapter in our little novel titled Alex-Cheryl and hey, I learnt a lot from it so if anyone needs advice about bridal studios, do's and don'ts, things to look out for and pricing, come ask me!

Comments, comments please...... :)


cheryl


8 comments:

gabe&O said...

Cheryu!! It's nice! Photos turned out very well. You still look like you la. Just with lots of make up.

The Girl said...

Nice pics. Loved the spontaneous ones and the ones with your hair all tied up with a nice hairpiece best!

Ann said...

hi cheryl, grin. im usually a silent reader of your blog. (although alex probably knows i read it since he was the one who introduced me to this site!) (:

thought i'd leave a note because i simply could not resist saying: THE WEDDING PHOTOS ARE AMAZING!! you look absolutely stunning in all the shots! very photogenic i must say. love the choice of dresses too! alex is truly one lucky boy.

am looking forward to getting to know you better next july. ive heard lots (of good things) about you from alex, but have yet to meet you in person!

lastly, congrats on your up-coming wedding! am positively sure (as seen from the pictures!) that you will make a lovely bride.

praying that god will bless your union as you both continue to serve & honour the lord in great partnership.

much love,
ann (your-soon-to-be-housemate!)

cyenz said...

My favorite is the one with the clouds. I like the one on the pier 2nd but you look a little different there. The one where you're lying down is the Cheryl I remember best & love. All the pictures are gorgeous!!!

Congratulations again!

Much blessings and <3,
Chiu Yen

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl! Cool photos. You look awesome! Post more! =)

Mace said...

agree with you....the one with you lying down on your side is the best :) very...relaxed, pretty and...radiant :D

danteoh said...

It's amazing how photographers can make the plainest looking thing look breath-taking. I'm not saying YOU are plain-looking.haha..You look beautiful, Cheryl! :) It's just that I haven't noticed all that beauty about Penang. Haha.. I have to go around Penang the next time I'm back and see it though my camera lens. :)
The pics look really uhm... green and warm - the 2 things I miss so much about Penang right now. :)

Tine said...

Hi Cheryl, just saw your blog from your Facebook profile. You guys look absolutely gorgeous. And congratulations upon your wedding! :)