We Are a Family of 4 now!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Full Week On..

Today is Sunday. And as our usual routine on Sundays go, we wake up and head to church. There was a slight change to our routine today as we decided to leave a little earlier and pop by the fresh produce market before arriving for service. I saw some interesting names for stalls there.

There was "Spuds 4 You.."



And there was the "Happy Apple Stand" :)

The Happy Apple Stand made me so happy I decided to buy myself some apples.


Haha. No, I actually wanted to go to the fresh produce market because I wanted to get the 'Pink Lady' apples which are currently in season. I love those so much! They are really crunchy and this variety is a combination of sweet and sour. I know I won't be able to get these in a couple of months when the season ends so I must make the most of it now. Where else but at the fresh produce market where they don't use insecticides?

So we bought a bag and saw a honey stand but decided to give that a pass.

Church was up next and we went to the Canberra Baptist Church. This is Alex's family church and I was duely introduced to the Minister who will be conducting our marriage counseling. The church is very traditional and has retained much of its original facade. It really is a beautiful church. The pictures below will speak of its beauty without further elaboration.

The front and courtyard of Canberra Baptist Church.

The altar / stagefront of the church.

I took a random shot of the ceiling that shows the elaborate handwork of steel and plaster.

The pipe organ in the church. I couldn't edit this shot hence its a little dark but its no less beautiful.

And finally, the most beautiful shot of all... stained glass windows. These line the sides of the church hall. I believe there are a total of 12 stained glass windows. Could be 14. It is really priceless having stained glass windows that were done with such detail.

So that was the end of the first half of the day. We did a lot today but I will only update the rest in the next few entries. Its a whole new week and I expect to be staying home most of the time again.

Come back soon..

cheryl

No comments: