We Are a Family of 4 now!

Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 5 - Snap happy

So today I got to go around town a bit. Alex had the first half of the day off so we had some time to drive around. The sky was really blue today and the trees looked great against it.

Brown, yellow, orange, red... such warm colours in such a cold environment.



We headed to the banks, medicare center to get my stuff done and into the Civic - city centre, where we walked the shops for a bit and I took some shots of some metal artwork/sculptures. I don't recall me taking pictures of these when I was studying here.



Don't ask me why the sheep has a rag on top its body. Anyone notice it? I myself didn't notice it until I was posting this picture. The sun was glaringly bright and I didn't have my sunnies so I didn't really take a good look before snapping the shot. This sculpture is actually part one of a two-part sculpture. The other part was of another sheep which I found to be too vulgar to have its picture taken as it had its privates up in the air. Kinda like when your dog rolls over with four of its legs in the air? Yeah, not exactly pleasant. I don't know what the sculpture was supposed to mean. Maybe I'll go back for a second look the next time I pass it.


Back home, I ventured out into the garden to take pictures of Alex's dads chilli plants. So I won't be deprived of spice after all! Hoorah! I like the 'freshly cut chilli' kind of spice. Bottled chilli sauce or chilli in oil just doesn't deliver the same effect. Jalapeno, tabasco and hotsauce however falls into a completely different category. Anyway, he has told me that the chilli he grows isn't too spicy. Now if only I can find someone who has the seeds of the extra spicy 'birds eye chilli'...

cheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy hunting for your cili padi seeds :) Glad to know you're doing well there. Btw, I saw the milk candy sweets in Taiwan and thought of you..hehe.

Anonymous said...

nice chillies....but what's the point in growing chillies if they are not that spicy..mpphhh...pity u there...pls get a spicier seeds sooner..u know how we can't leave without super spicy chillies.. :S Don't ever wana imagine it..hahahhaa