We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

All k-n-u-c-k-l-e-d up




If anyone says getting invites done is a breeze, that person probably hasn't had to fold their own invites, address them and hand them out. It took me a total of 8 hours over the course of 3 days to fold the cards. Folding isn't easy, you've got to get the ruler right down the middle and it can't be any plastic ruler. It has to be a metal one because those dont bend hence keeping the fold line straight. Then you very carefully inch the fold up or you may get multiple fold lines which could then bug the most picky of wedding card readers. Ok.. ok. So maybe that picky reader is just me. But come on... there are more of you out there! Admit it!

Apart from folding them, mom and I decided to add a little silver string to the card to bring out the 'posh-ness'... haha... so that added on the to detailed work I had to do. Tying the string isn't as simple as you think. You got to hold the string tight, knot it right at the edge so there isn't moving space for the string to slip right off the card. And it has to be 'right over left and left over right'. Followed by 2 'D' knots. I can't remember the names of those knots. Learnt them back in school as a guide. Mom helped tie some and I noticed her knots were different. Couldn't help myself but untie some and had them redone. Unfortunately I couldn't redo all so... sigh....


Writing the cards was no easy feat either. I didnt want to assume and address anyone incorrectly. That took me a total of 10 hours over the course of 5 days to complete. But I must say it took me that long cos I had to color code all those I had already addressed and check each name with my parents prior to penning them down.


My knuckles were really sore after all the folding and knot tying. Cramping the fingers to hold the card and string together was a toughie. I'm glad its 80% done.


cheryl

No comments: