We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

6 days and counting...

Well... I'm down to 6 days before Cheryl arrives in the land of Oz. 6 days before I know she'll be quite emotional at the Bayan Lepas International Airport Penang. What's been happening from this end? Not much. I have been doing some cleaning and her room is as clean as it can be for the time being. Just gotta get some Cheryl Yu touches in there and it'll be fine!

The wedding preparations are well underway from this end. I have a minister constantly asking me when she'll be arriving more because he wants to meet her and start the marital counselling. I have friends who just want to take Cheryl out and do 'girly' things, whatever that means. I have a group of friends wanting to ask Cheryl, "Why?" as in "Why Alex?" :P There is excitement in the air as we count the days down before Cheryl arrives in Canberra. Still heaps, amazingly a LOT to do before our day in July.

I think once Cheryl has arrived it will really sink in that I am getting married. To this day while I know that I am engaged it hasn't really sunk in. This is possibly because I have been kept exceedingly busy. Uni work is keeping me occupied very nicely. 15 pieces of assessment in 15 days is not pleasant!

To my sweety... I know it's going to be a big move but trust me. The support team you have from Canberra is just waiting to provide that support, from mothers (including my one) to friends and even grandmas (you know which one I'm talking about...) It's a big move. And this is not a time to be strong and not cry. Good to cry at the airport because then at least you won't be crying on the plane when you're trying to watch the entertainment on the PTV's of MAS. :) Most importantly, I will give you the support and love that you always want from me! :P

So this is a quick blog entry from Canberra with 6 days to go. 6 days of freedom left, I have been told. :P 6 days of trying to frantically arrange all those 'other' girlfriends and tell them they only have days left to call me to get that final date! :P I'm just kidding. 6 days to go before I realise that all this work we have put in since September is getting close to being done.



Alex.

No comments: