We Are a Family of 4 now!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pregnancy - Week 39 & 4 days

Here is the final update on the weight gain. Looks like I have much exercising to do 2 months post partum. I am very keen to find out how much weight will be lost once baby + amniotic fluid + placenta is out. Half of 12.5 kgs hopefully?

I have not been keeping tabs on the amount that I ate throughout this pregnancy. I must say though that I am a little disappointed that I haven't had as much appetite for food as I did prior to being pregnant.

I have always thought that since I love all things food, I would be eating like a horse round the the clock. Unfortunately it has been the reverse. I have not had much cravings if any at all. In fact I had more cravings being unpregnant than being pregnant. Here are some of the changes I have noted about my diet.

1. I want an extra teaspoon of sugar in my milky beverages. Tea, coffee, milo.
2. I am eating a lot more fruit. About 3 a day because of the sweet juices from the fruit. It makes my tongue taste better. If that makes sense to you.
3. I don't eat much meat be it white or red. Just don't feel like it.
4. I am constantly thirsty. (Maybe this explains all the water in my belly!)
5. I prefer soups or soupy food.

I'm glad to say it won't be long now till baby comes and the confinement period begins. Lots of yummy mommy cooked stuff (from my mom and mother in law) and I get to go back to how I used to sleep (on my back!) and how I used to eat (no acid reflux!). It all seems like a distant memory now. These 9 months have been an eye opener and definitely life changing for me. And yet there are more changes to come! Whooh...

I am anticipating the onset of labour pains at any moment now. How very nerve wrecking...

cheryl

No comments: