We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, February 1, 2010

To Our Friends in Penang

While the last 8 days has been rushed, to us I think it has been quite rewarding because of the amount of things we accomplished, not to mention the things we bought for a cheaper price compared with buying it in Australia. Yes, we definitely went overboard with the amount of things bought for the little one (little Alex as I call the baby since we have yet to ascertain the gender - be it Alexander or Alexandra) but in the end, I think it was worth it. Cheryl will definitely be a pretty hippest mum on the block when little Alex arrives.

It has been a rushed trip but it was great to catch up with the friends that we met up with. It's nice to see familiar faces in a city that I have been to now for about 7-8 years (I think that's when I started dating Cheryl... :P). Anyway, I know that it meant a lot for us to be able to chat about everything again. The meals we had, the fellowship we shared, thank you.

To my sister in law Debbie, Ying, Macy and Pin our dear friends, thank you for organising an amazing baby shower for Cheryl during our quick visit here. We had some hilarious moments and to this day, I'm still amazed that my masterpiece was guessed correctly within the allocated time. Seems like my drawing ain't that bad after all! :P Hopefully there will be more baby showers to come. They are fun. :)

8 days have past since we arrived in Penang. 8 days since our last adventure on Air Asia X, 8 days since we last saw Australian shores. I know in a way it'll be great heading back to Canberra and getting back in the swing of things but in another way, I wish holidays like these would never end... I think that I have developed a liking to Penang over the past 7 trips. It seems harder to leave every time. Guess I better come back more often! There is one thing I definitely won't miss. Its the traffic and the drivers that go with it. Sorry guys, but Penang drivers can be nuts!

While our next trip to Penang isn't planned yet, that doesn't mean that you guys can't come and visit us in Canberra. Little Alex may not make an appearance in Penang for a few years, but everyone is welcome to come visit the newest addition to the family. There's plenty of room. I can help with looking for cheap fares!

So thank you, my dear friends in Penang for a memorable trip. Thank you for the gifts, well wishes and memories that we'll be taking back. Until next time when we hit the shores of Malaysia... God Bless you all. :)

Before I forget though: GO TEAM FOETUS!! :D

Alex and Cheryl, +1 (the newest addition to the family)

PS... I'll post up photos of the trip soon.

No comments: