We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Just another Saturday...

It has been a while since I posted on this blog. Cheryl normally has better things to say than I do but I thought this time I better say it first before Cheryl tries to make the story more interesting. :-)

Yesterday, Cheryl and I, along with 9 others from work took part in paint balling. It is an experience Cheryl is happy to be able to tick off her list ... We went paintballing behind the airport at Fairbairn Pines. It is a very large field with many set up and I think the company that runs it has come a long way. The last time I went, their main office was not much bigger than a shipping container. Now, it's huge!

Anyway, we were given the rules of paintball before starting. Many I noticed hadn't done paintball before and were quite worried about being shot. (If the ball explodes on impact doesn't hurt as much!) By the end of the first game, everyone started feeling the pain. Some, multiple times too (Thanks Matt...) but it was turning out to be more intense a game than I anticipated. As part of the package, we were given 200 paintballs, but I think most of us used it up in about 2 - 2.5 games. Just goes to show how intense it got. Many bought 500 paintballs as refill and we used them all!! We had to, no one could keep them. If I remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong guys), we had 7 - 8 games before we called it a day. In between games people started having colourful overalls as a result of being shot. Some had bruises to boot (yeah, shoot me in the knuckle) and some had lumps as a result of being shot at in the head not just once but twice, at the same spot too! (How you guys managed to shoot Dave's lump is beyond me).

Teams were divided, pitting the rest of the lab vs Specimen Reception. By the end of it, I think it was pretty even, especially since we won the flag grab ones... (Way to go Dave the Terminator!). Even one of the refs took part since we were short in manpower... (It was 5 people vs 6). The most annoying game, which we lost twice in was the shuffle game. Avoiding being shot was hard in that game. The best game, flag grab with the 'protect the fort game'.

The last game was the 'shoot at anyone till you run out of paintballs or can't withstand the pain' game. This was the ultimate game of the day which I knew that if I took part I would be nursing a lot more wounds and bruised ego. It was fun to see people just letting loose on other people...

At the end of the day, I came out well - nursing about 5 wounds. Cheryl on the other hand, got about 3 on her right leg, a nice shot in the bottom, few on her left arm and one major bruise on her left knuckle. With the colourful suit Carmen had, I reckon that she and Cheryl tops the list of having most wounds to nurse. Dave Kaylock and I on the other hand also get the joy of nursing head wounds. The pictures are in the link below... All in all, it was a just another Saturday, with more heart pounding excitement. :)

Oh Oh, before I forget... I need to set the record straight (before Cheryl does). During one of the matches I got shot and had to leave the game. As I was walking out with my gun in the air, who shoots me? MY WIFE. Yes, that's right. Cheryl, my beloved wife shot me (and it hurt too). I do my best to protect her during the day and how does she return the favour? By SHOOTING ME. What kind of a deal is that?

Hope you guys who took part in the game enjoy the shots and the day out. It was a fun Saturday and yeah, we should plan something in a few months or so... Keep this competitive nature going :P To the rest of the lab who didn't go... You missed out on a fair bit of fun and excitement.




Cheers for now,
Alex.

No comments: