We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miracle Baby Survives Accident

For those who missed the news about this freak accident that took place in Melbourne on Thursday, here is a video link of the incident that was recorded by a camera installed on the platform of the track.

The young mother had just let go of the stationary pram for 2 seconds to adjust her pants before a gust of wind pushed the pram over the edge of the platform. She had broken no rules, she wasn't standing on the edge nor had she stepped over the yellow warning line. The weather has been rather unpredictable of late with strong winds and occasional rain causing spring to feel more like winter and it was on a cold, windy day that this happened. The baby was really blessed to have survived. I myself watched the video in shock. I can only imagine the horror the mother and the onlookers must have felt.



This video serves as a shocking reminder to all parents about how easily an accident can happen. Never take little things for granted. Lesson learned: Always use the parking brake on a pram. ALWAYS.


cheryl

2 comments:

Tine said...

I gasped out so loud and clutched my hands to my chest when I saw that footage on the news, Tim was quite shocked. I don't have children, and I cannot, CANNOT imagine what must have been going through the mother's mind. Thank God her child's all right. That's going to be a LOT of guilt she's going to have to live with.

gabe&O said...

Oh my Goodness...that was a scary clip. Indeed a miracle baby!