We Are a Family of 4 now!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

One Year On - the guys perspective

Celebrate good times... Come on! :-)

It has been a year. A year since I woke up on a cold Canberra morning to the realisation that my life would be changed. Forever. The day was quite hectic. From getting to the chapel on time to walking down the aisle after the ceremony. Then came the photo session on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin before settling down for lunch at The Deck restaurant.

That very night we the Lui and Yu family celebrated over a dinner in Woden and really let our hair down (so to speak), relaxing for the first time over 24hours. It had to be an early night because the show was just beginning with two more celebrations to coordinate. We were due to fly to Penang early the next morning.

It was an amazing day. From the minute the bride walked down the aisle, I realised that my life would be changed forever. It has. As our minister in Canberra put it, Cheryl and I got to know each other so much better as husband and wife. I know her weaknesses and she knows mine. She knows when to nudge me to stop talking and I know when .......... well I know when she is in need of a holiday. :P
It's been an amazing year. We spent the night watching video recordings of our wedding and that brought back some nice memories!

To everyone who took part in our celebrations a year ago today, THANK YOU. We look forward to meeting up with family and friends again in 24 days!

Alex.

4 comments:

yingks said...

Happy Anniversary!!! *pops the champagne*

Mace said...

Happy ONE!!!!!!! :) Time really really flies huh....
Let's celebrate when you're back....Golden Triangle? (Have you trained Alex's spicy-hot-tolerance yet?)

AlexandCheryl said...

Ying: Thanks.. see you soon!
Mace: I don't think his spice tolerance has increased much. Will test it out in Malaysia :p Any good new dishes at Golden Triangle? I'm dreaming 'choo chee fish'!

The Girl said...

Timon: "When I was a young merekatttttttttt..."

Pumbaa: "When he was a young meerkattttttt...."

"Dig a tunnel!"

"We're so low on the foodchain we're underground!"