We Are a Family of 4 now!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Malaysian Dish #3 - Deep Fried Eggplant/Aubergine/Brinjal


This is a simple and yummy recipe for fried eggplant. I made up a batch for the hubs some months ago but am only finding time to post about it now.

1 mid sized eggplant - sliced
2 eggs - beaten
Kentucky Powder

1. Coat individual slices of the eggplant with beaten egg.
2. Then coat the eggplant with Kentucky Powder.
3. Toss into hot oil and fry till golden on both sides.
4. Serve hot with chilli sauce, cold dips or on its own.

You may choose to use only the yolk of the egg for the coating but I use both the white and yolk to avoid wastage. Also if you would like the coating on the eggplant to be extra crispy, repeat the yolk and powder steps before frying the eggplant.

Oh and in case you don't know what Kentucky powder is, here is a picture of it below. If you have kids, just fry chicken with this powder and I can tell you they will love it. Tastes finger licking good :)


The Kentucky Powder is really yummy and good with fried chicken as well, as depicted on the box of the Kentucky powder. I got my box from an Asian grocery store. I remember my mom using this powder when I was younger so when I saw it at the store, I jumped at the opportunity of having this in my pantry.

I'm happy with my cooking skills... :)

cheryl

No comments: