We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Avocado Obsession


I love avocados. Since settling down in Australia, that love has slowly become an obsession. Of late I have been eating an average of 3 avocados a week. I must admit I am a little concerned about my eating them so much because of the high fat content but I suppose since its good fat and since it decreases the LDLs I can eat them to my hearts content right? A single mid sized avocado contains 30g of fat.

Avocados are so much cheaper here than in Malaysia and readily available at any green grocers. I like to buy mine from the markets because I can get them at good prices there - usually AUD 2 for 3 avocados. Good eh? The guy at the markets will often pick them out for me according to their shelf life - ready to eat 3 days later or maybe a week after. Last week he sold me 5 for AUD 2! Hurrah for being friendly with the green grocer :)

How do I have my avocado?


1. Guacamole (the lighting in this shot doesn't do the green justice)

2. Just as it is on a bread roll

3. Tossed in my Caesar Salad
Oh avocado~~ :)

cheryl

No comments: