We Are a Family of 4 now!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Best of Summer

Summer is nearly over! I am sad for its passing for I do so love warm weather. Summer this year saw us stuffing ourselves to the brim with peaches and tomatoes. My in laws have a backyard where they plant peaches, tomatoes, chilli, apples, lemons and more except I don't remember anymore because I have yet to eat of its fruits. I remember only those I have tasted! :) As the saying goes, 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.' Obviously with me, the way to the woman's heart is through her stomach!


I am really going to miss the tomatoes. Home grown tommies taste so good. I have used them mainly in salads and tomato soup.





My simple salad of roughly chopped pico de gallo sans chillies tossed together with bacon, a dash of balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, cos lettuce and iceberg lettuce. Excuse the picture... we were really hungry had dug in before I remembered to take a picture. Even then it was a quick shot.

I am also going to miss these peaches. Sweet and succulent. We had enough given to us to have two each day for 2 weeks in a row. Such are the blessings of having in laws living close by huh? :)



Only 1 day to go before Autumn begins. I don't know much about gardening and planting. What are autumn fruits?



cheryl

No comments: