We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Celebrating Christmas Early

Alex's parents will be away on Christmas Day. So to make up for it, they treated us to an early celebratory dinner at the Hyatt Hotel. We were all looking forward excitedly to having the buffet dinner at the hotel. A buffet line is the one place to gorge on seafood and dessert :) This is something about Penang that I definitely miss. In Penang, the opportunity to indulge in buffets never ends. Every hotel has a buffet line and in the name of competition, the hotels often change their menu's in effort to entice customers be it returning or new customers to their tables. Themed menu's are all the rage in Penang. One can never be short of choice on that island when it comes to food.

The Hyatt is the one and only hotel that has a buffet line in Canberra. Boring ol' Canberra. With that said though, I think its the shortage is just about the same in all the other Australian cities. People here must not like eating huge selections of food much. But then again, Australia ranks pretty high on the obesity list. How then can buffet lines not be popular?

Here are some pictures from last night.

Prior to going in





Before our indulgence

Food food food!
I didn't take many pictures of the spread- just managed the cold section, cheese platter and the desserts. Didn't wanna look like a hill billy at her first buffet line :)



I enjoyed the food last night. But my ability to stuff myself has somewhat decreased over the years. All I could keep down was 4 semi filled plates (as pictured above - the partially filled plate is mine - yes I like my food separated from each other where possible) of cold selections and main courses. I sampled only 50% of the selection of desserts and even then I only ate half of each piece. I don't think I ate my monies worth!

I know the hotel definitely made $$$ off me but I did my best. I definitely could not stomach more. We walked away from that buffet line stuffed to the brim.



And to that I can say, I am happy... :)




cheryl

No comments: