We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Floriade 2008

We went to Floriade during the day a week before the flower fest ended. I have been told that at the end of this fest, the flowers are cut and given to charitable homes. I was quite literally demanding that Alex take me to this before it was all over. Our weekends have always been busy and we hadn't had the chance to go. Alex wasn't terribly keen on spending time walking the gardens (typical male :p) but this is also because its held every year and he has seen a fair share of it over the years.

Anyway, off we went on Saturday and I must say, the weather that day was just awful. It was sunny, then windy the next and before we knew it, it poured. I suppose its like Melbourne weather but really experiencing it when all I wanted to do was enjoy flowers... definitely threw a lemon into my mood. Still, we took many pics...

There were many people out that day despite the weather. Sunny one moment, dark and gloomy the next.






Flower shots up close coming up... I love the bright colors.












Field after field of flower beds. The air was sweet smelling with the heavy scent of moisture right after rain.






There was a lake right in the middle of the park and flowers had been planted around the lake. We were there at the right time as a mother swan swam up with her swan-lings. Is that what you all baby swans? I assume the same as ducklings? Haha.. someone correct me here.

Anyways, the pretty little things were still furry. Grey and cuddly. Soon they will lose the soft grey fur and upgrade to the dark feathers mama has. They were swimming so close to the bank that I was so tempted to reach out and touch them. Alex was behind me yelling " Don't go so close ah honey!"




I then turned around and caught this picture on the camera. Will probably have to frame this shot up. Alex rarely poses :)







I keep thinking the shot of me below is reminiscent of some movie scene. Girl sitting on a bench in some park with flowers in the background. I just can't figure out which movie this is.




We were about to leave when I saw this flowered up cow. It was such a hit with the kids.



As we left, the sky turned dark once again. It was a day of all weather conditions but at the end of it my lemon had turned into lemonade.

cheryl

2 comments:

Lingzie said...

ooo the baby swans are so cute!!! (i have no idea if you call them that...but i shall call them baby swans la)
and oh the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!! they're so pretty!! why la malaysia so hot...all the flowers also wilt liao.

danteoh said...

That picture of you sitting on a bench is like a scene from a lot of movies! For one, there's Forrest Gump. Except in that movie, it's a mentally retarded guy sitting on the bench, and not a pretty girl.

But yeh...Mostly chick flicks... That's where the guy meets the girl... or where the girl gets dumped and all emo..but then patches things up with the guy in the end. *oh no..I've been watching way more chick flicks than I should have...* Very nice pics, btw. :)