We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Warmest day yet...

It was 23 degrees today! So since the weather was great, Alex and I decided to spend some time out. Our location of choice was the Direct Factory Outlet (DFO). This outing was a little exciting because this is Canberra's first DFO. We have a Brand Depot here which houses a rather wide selection of cheap shopping but DFO is twice its size and that means more cheap cheap shopping! Girly heaven...!


The DFO opened its doors on Thursday just 2 days before and apparently the queues to go into the place that day was snaking along the building an hour before doors opened up. Sadly for brand depot, it was devoid of shoppers that weekend as everyone checked out the new place.


The weather was warm, sun was out and plenty of people were out in their t-shirts, t-backs and shorts. However I still wasn't game to wear so little because it is rather cold in the shade. So I pulled out a skirt from storage and layered on two tops to keep warm. No need for jackets for the first time in months! I wonder if I will ever get used to the cold and stop whining about it :p


Oh.. and I didn't buy anything from DFO. I did see some items which tempted my purchasing impulse but I held back. No more shoes for me.


For now. :)



cheryl

4 comments:

danteoh said...

I think Canberra has the craziest weather among all the capital cities in Aus. You guys have the coldest days (yes, even colder than tassie) and the warmest too (maybe not as warm as Darwin, but still...). Is there anything interesting to see and do in Canberra? It just strikes me as a very dull place dotted with government buildings. Hmm.. Anyway, have fun! :)

AlexandCheryl said...

Dan are you sure? I check the weather forecast every morning before I leave for work and Tassie sure does look as cold to me!

Oh and if you do plan on coming to Canberra ever, come during Floriade. Its something else to do apart from visiting dull goverment buildings :) But I must say the parliament and the war memorial is worth a visit.

Tine said...

It's bye-bye to retail shopping when Tim and I discovered the joys of factory outlet shopping. I love DFO. Latest season items be damned; save money! :p

yeohjo said...

don't complain lah. five years in minnesota ok. -40 degrees ah. :)