We Are a Family of 4 now!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Electrical Appliance

We bought our very first electrical appliance this week! It is quite an exhilarating experience making a decision like this, our very first, as a couple, to pay several hundreds for.........










A WASHING MACHINE!




Hahaha... you must think me odd for the added drama about this. But I must tell you having to do this is really quite alien to me, having not stayed anywhere that required me to buy something so 'anchoring' - if thats the right expression for it. It is a significant purchase, the first of the many baby steps we will be taking to build our own home.

Having to be responsible for our finances as a couple is so new. I'm so used to spending my money however I like knowing that its quite impossible to run out of it because I stay with my parents. Now everything is different. R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y. Not that I didn't have any before, just that this is of a different sort.

We have been looking around the shops for bargains and I have been told by multiple parties that ours is a real bargain. Its a front loading, 7kg wash load, fully automatic, LG washing machine. We got it with a whopping $200 discount off its usual price because it was on sale and it comes with 12kgs worth of concentrated wash powder free! That is enough for a year long wash! Do I sound like a house wife or what? :) Hahaha...



In Aus, saving energy and saving water is a huge concern and a big factor to choosing an electrical appliance. Out of a 5 star rating, ours rates 4 stars for each category! Which means less to pay for electricity and water. Whoopee!

Such excitement over a washing machine. Cheryl, cheryl, finally becoming a woman :p ... Coming up, a fridge and a microwave!



cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that Bio logo looks suspiciously familiar!

yeelee said...

hahaha.. well done cheryl.. :P

Anonymous said...

i'm glad u two like the mugs :) and its so nice to finally meet u Cheryl ^^

AlexandCheryl said...

Tim, I can't remember the corresponding brand that uses this logo too in Malaysia. I don't think its BIO ZET is it?

YeeLee, :) bet you were thinking "Now you know... "

Annie, thanks for popping by and leaving a message! It was nice meeting you too.. we shall catch up later for drinks so you'll get to see the photos..