We Are a Family of 4 now!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

24hours to go.. Countdown begins

There is 24 hours to go before I leave Penang. People ask me what are my thoughts, how do I feel...etc. Honestly, I'm feeling 50-50. It's very difficult to explain how my emotions are swinging at the moment but the below will appropriately summarize the feeling.
50% Elation
50% Sadness

The past week has sorely tested my patience what with the mounting thoughts of missing home, packing worries and frequent internet disconnections (I only have 3 minutes of being connected at any time before I'm kicked off the net and forced to sign on again!) The crux of my worries happened on Friday when I dropped my hard disc. After the fall, it refused to work and I was on the verge of yanking my hair out because all my important details were on it. I had not yet had time to backup my hard disc so any loss would have been permanent. I spent Friday night berating myself and the next morning I rushed to the hardware store and to have them look at it. I was holding on to the little bit of hope that they would be able to restore my data for me, if not all then partial would suffice.

To my joy, the hard disc was not a loss! I was so happy with that bit of news and I could once again focus my attention on packing. About packing, I had initially completed packing my stuff but only realized my limit was 20kg and not 25kg hence I had to unpack and decide which items to pick out. That took a long time because for some reason I could not concentrate and make the decisions needed to remove stuff.

For the past few nights my average amount of sleep was 5hours each night. For those of you who know me, you know I dont function well if that happens for a day and imagine this was for the past 4 nights! My eyes have dark circles and I am really tired. Anyhow, this will all end tomorrow when I fly. Hopefully I get some sleep on the plane. If not, I shall replenish my lack only in Australia.

cheryl

No comments: