We Are a Family of 4 now!

Monday, April 21, 2008

The Matter of the EMCEE

For the past few weeks, I have been fussing, tossing and turning over the fact that I had not yet found an emcee for our wedding dinner. IMHO, an emcee should have the following criteria:

1. Knows the bride and groom
2. Fluent English speaker
3. Quick with wit and able to joke :)
4. Has persona, charm, charisma and stage presence
5. Is used to being put in the spotlight with a mic in hand :)
6. Wise and won't say anything contrary to our beliefs

With all this in mind, I wasn't keen on putting this task to an outsider. Also I wasn't sure who among my circle of friends I could ask. Well, I did have someone in mind but wasn't sure if he would say yes and I kinda didnt want to blow my one and only option by asking at the wrong time or at the wrong place. A lot of table cloth wringing happened there.. :p In the end, after running out of excuses in buying time for myself, I finally drew a deep breath and asked. He said Yes!

Thank you PIN! :) I can now sleep much happier at nights. Another big TICK on my to-do list!


cheryl

No comments: